Microneedling is a cosmetic procedure. It invokes the healing in the skin by causing microtrauma in a targeted way. Using tiny sterilized needles to create tiny wounds, cause your body to make more collagen and elastin, which heal your skin and help you look younger. you might also hear it called collagen induction therapy.
- Hydrates the dry skin and improves skin tone and texture.
- Treats and prevent acne, blemishes
- Reduces the pock marks and scrarring such as acne scars.
- Microneedling can treat cystic active acnes by opening the clogged pores to free sebum.
- Exfoliates the skin and remove dead skin cells.
- Reduces the look of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Reduces brown/age spots, hyperpigmentation.
- Reduces pregnancy stretch marks and tightens the laxing skin on the abdominal area.
- Tightens large pores
Microneedling Healing and Risks
Some things to think about before deciding to try it:
It’s not a quick fix. It takes time to notice a difference. That’s because your body is healing itself. Most people need a few treatments before they see any change.
Healing time. It may take days or weeks to heal, depending on how deep the needles pierce your skin.
Pain and redness. You may have some minor pain after the procedure, and your skin may be red for a few days.
Peeling. Your skin may feel tight and flake a bit while it heals.